Curbside Takeout Lending will begin on
Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
The Library will begin accepting book returns next week starting June 9th on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm ONLY.
Put items on the cart on the library porch.
**please do not put items in the old book return.
Please wear a face covering and we ask only one person be on the porch at at a time. Please wait your turn in your car or at a distance on the sidewalk. Thank you!
The library building remains closed to the public at this time, but library staff are working and are available Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm via phone (802.436.2473) or email email@example.com.
**Update on library services June 2, 2020: The library is following a staged plan of service during the pandemic. Book returns will be accepted starting June 9th and Interlibrary Loan services and courier services will being on June 16th, 2020.
The Hartland Public Library is following the Governor’s office and VT Dept of Libraries’ guideline that curbside service remains the recommended level of service for libraries, museums, and galleries as of June 1.
Here are the latest guidelines from the ACCD (Agency of Commerce and Community Development):
8.4 Indoor Arts, Culture and Entertainment (Effective 6/1)
- Libraries, galleries, museums, theaters and other indoor arts, culture and entertainment organizations are limited to 25% (twenty-five percent) of approved fire safety occupancy; or 1 customer per 200 square feet; or 10 total customers and staff combined, whichever is greater. Operators must post their temporary occupancy limit, and which method was used to determine it, prominently on all entrances. Posting templates are available at accd.vermont.gov.
- Cashless/touch-less transactions are strongly preferred.
- Curbside pickup remains the preferred method of operation. When possible, organizations should take steps to schedule or stage customer visits, such as waiting in cars or outside, to ensure lower contact operations.
- Organizations should close or remove high touch entertainment features, including arcades and playgrounds.
How do I get curbside takeout library service?
Library patrons may request items any one of these ways:
- Your online library account Log in using your Library card number and password. Search for items, then click on PLACE HOLD and CONFIRM HOLD. Your request will be sent to a library staff person who will pull the items for you and call you to schedule a pick up time. If you don’t know your library card number or password, please call or email and a staff person will help you.
Here is a video tutorial with step-by-step instructions on how to use your
library account to request books and other items.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 802-436-2473 – we are happy to help you
3. Use the online form below.
Limits: up to 10 items per request and one request per week please.
After requested items are pulled by library staff, you will be called or emailed to
schedule a pick up time and day.
- Pick up days will be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Pick up times will be between 11:00 – 1:00 pm and 4:00 – 6:00 pm.
- Next day(s) pick up only – we won’t be providing same-day pick up at this time.
- Your items will be in a paper bag with your last name written on the bag.
- Bags will be organized in alphabetical groups A-I; J-Q; R-Z
on a table on the porch.
We ask all library patrons to follow social distancing and safety measures:
- Only one person on the porch at a time.
- Please wear a face covering when picking up items.
- Please wait your turn inside your car in the library parking lot.
- Please allow others to get back to their car before proceeding to the porch.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we begin to provide services in a new way that is safe for everyone. Wait times may be longer than usual, and you may occasionally receive a busy signal when calling to request materials.
We miss seeing all of you.
The Hartland Library Staff