How do I get Porchside takeout library service?
Please use only ONE request method.
1. Your online library account
Log in using your Library card number and password. Search for items, then click on PLACE HOLD and CONFIRM HOLD. Your request will be sent to a library staff person who will pull the items and contact you when they are ready for pick up. If you don’t know your library card number or password, please call 802-436-2473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff person will help you.
Here is a video tutorial with step-by-step instructions
on how to use your library account to request books and other items.
2. Use the online form below.
When your item(s) are ready for pick-up, library staff will call you.
- Pick up times are Tuesday – Friday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am – Noon.
- Please call on the day you would like to pick up your items.
If you call before library hours, please leave a message.
- Your items will be in a paper bag with your last name written on the bag.
- Bags will be on the porch.
We ask all library patrons to follow social distancing and safety measures:
- Only one person on the porch at a time.
- Please wear a face covering when picking up items.
Other available services:
Laptop 7 day loans available
Copy/Fax remote service available – please contact the library
Wi-Fi hotspots available for loan
Interlibrary loan service
436-2473 or email@example.com
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we begin to provide services in a new way that is safe for everyone. Wait times may be longer than usual, and you may occasionally receive a busy signal when calling to request materials.
We miss seeing you in person and look forward to safer times.
The Hartland Library Staff
Nancy, Amy, Dennise, Peggy, and Kelly