The Summer Reading program encourages a love of reading and lifelong curiosity! The program is six weeks long (June 17 through August 1). Each week there are eight challenges to choose from (based on age groups 0-18). You can sign up for Summer Reading at any time at the library or at the Pizza Party event on Sat. June 17th at noon. You can also download the weekly challenges below.
If you complete four out of eight challenges, you’ll receive one raffle ticket. If you complete all eight challenges, you will receive two raffle tickets for that week. We will have envelopes for each prize where you can drop your raffle tickets. (One prize per child/teen.)
You do not have to submit your sheets each week — we know families get super busy during the summertime! The deadline for all sheets and raffle ticket submission is Tuesday, August 1st by noon.
OUR RAFFLE PRIZES (so far!):
- 2 Free Passes to VINS
- A gift certificate to the Norwich Bookstore ($25)
- A gift certificate to the Yankee Bookshop ($50)
- Gift certificates to Mike’s Store and Deli (2 @ $25)
- A gift certificate to the Hartland Diner ($25)
- A gift certificate from Harpoon (family lunch for $50)
- Family admission to the Path of Life garden and a kid’s t-shirt!
- 2 Candy Bouquets from the Sweet Spot in Quechee (1 per winner)
- A family gift from Blake Hill Preserves (family pack of jam)
- A stuffed animal from the Quechee General Store
- A gift from 3 Corners Market (previously named BGs)
- New Books, Craft Kits, Games, and Reading stuffies
- And so much more!
Please note: one prize per person. Prizes keep rolling in, so please check back to see what other prizes we’ve received!